Join our Nomad Inspectors Club
Are you a high-profile digital nomad who lives and breathes this lifestyle? Are you a photographer, a travel influencer, or an Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube star who is passionate about sharing your experiences with others who want to try or maintain the digital nomad lifestyle? Do you love the idea of creating content and being rewarded for it? If you answered yes to these questions, we’d like to invite you to join our “Nomad Inspectors Club”!
What kind of club is this? You may ask.
Well… It’s a club that brings together digital nomad and travel influencers to review and verify accommodations listed on Flatio in exchange for complimentary stays.
As "Nomad Inspectors", they inspect various properties and award them the "Nomad-Verified" badge if they're suitable for remote work. This helps other digital nomads looking to rent through Flatio make an informed decision and choose a place where they can be productive and relax with the utmost comfort.
- Free accommodation
- 20% discount on future bookings
- Increased visibility through our platforms
- Contribution to the digital nomad community
We require you to create and post at least the following content on your social media:
- A 1-minute video about the property and your experience
- A video walkthrough of the property
- Photos and videos of the property and its surroundings
Do you fit the criteria?
- Over 10k followers/subscribers on Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube
- OR a website with over 40k monthly visits
Nomad Inspectors Club LITE
You aren't an influencer? No problem at all! We value your opinion anyway!
If you don’t yet meet the criteria to join our Nomad Inspectors Club, you can join the LITE version of the club.
This way, you can contribute to the digital nomad community by letting them know whether or not a listing on Flatio is suitable for remote work, so they can make an informed decision when renting a place.
Let us explain how it works.
When you rent accommodation through Flatio and send us your review of the property, you're considered a member of our Nomad Inspectors Club LITE.
In return for sharing your valuable opinion, you’ll get up to 25 EUR of your service fee as CASHBACK, along with a 25 EUR voucher.
Here's what you need to include in your review to get the refund:
- The actual Wi-Fi speed
- Whether there is a dedicated workspace in the rental unit
- Whether there is a place to exercise and meditate inside or outside the rental property
- Whether public transportation and places popular with digital nomads are easily accessible from the rental property
What else to keep in mind?
Minimum length required
The review must be comprehensive and contain at least 1500 characters. Each section mentioned above should contain a minimum of 250 characters.
Wi-Fi speed test
Include a screenshot of the Wi-Fi speed test to clearly show the performance of the network.
Include a collection of 5-10 photos showing the property and its surroundings. Make sure to include at least one photo that shows the workstation, such as someone actively using a laptop at their desk.
Send your review to [email protected] to make sure it reaches the right recipient.
We look forward to receiving your review and welcoming you to our Nomad Inspectors Club (LITE).
Want to learn more about the badge and the club? Then let's dive in!
Their properties will be highlighted as one of our “Nomad-Verified” listings, which means more potential leads and tenants for them.
In addition, their accommodation will receive more promotion and visibility than other listings because the “Nomad Inspector” staying at their property will create a series of photo and video content about their experience.
This content is shared on the social media accounts of Flatio and the "Nomad Inspector". All created content will be available on the listing until the badge is valid.
All of this helps them gain the trust of more digital nomads—who tend to be professional, well-paying tenants—spend less time answering questions from potential tenants before they move in, and run a more efficient rental business.
We require "Nomad Inspectors" to create and publish at least the following content on their social media:
- A 1-minute video about the property and their experience with a mention of the “Nomad Inspectors Club” and how Flatio arranged their stay
- A video walkthrough of the property
- Photos and videos of the property and its surroundings, depending on which platform the “Nomad Inspector” uses the most (tagging Flatio and using the #myflatioroutine)
A minimum of 10k followers/subscribers across Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube OR a blog/website/podcast with 40k monthly users.
Note: Despite this minimum requirement, all applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. For example, if you only have 8k followers/subscribers on social media platforms, but an incredible talent for content creation and a very engaged community, we'll definitely consider your application.
We treat "Nomad Inspectors" as special tenants invited by Flatio to inspect various listings as part of our partnership with them. So their stay is on us. This means they can explore new places or rediscover the places they've already been to without having to pay rent.
Members of the club will receive a 20% discount on the service fee when booking accommodation through Flatio in the future for their personal use (not as part of the partnership).
In addition, the visibility this partnership brings to "Nomad Inspectors" has the potential to bring them new visitors, users, customers, readers, business partners, etc.
1- A “stable” Wi-Fi connection with a minimum download speed of 30 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps.
- This is the “real” Wi-Fi speed, not the one in the landlord’s contract with the service provider. Inspectors can check the "real" Wi-Fi speed on speedtest.net.
- A minimum download speed of 30 Mbps and a minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps is usually sufficient for use by 1-2 people. We recommend that landlords set up an even faster Wi-Fi connection to make their property suitable for digital nomad families as well.
- It’s advisable to measure the "real" Wi-Fi speed in the areas of the rental unit where digital nomads are supposed to work. If the router is far away from their workspace, for example, the Internet speed and quality can drop significantly.
- "Nomad Inspectors" are encouraged to mention Wi-Fi speed in the content they create.
2- A dedicated workspace inside the rental unit (with a quality desk and office chair, enough space to work, good lighting, and a low noise level for concentrated work)
3- A spot for workout and meditation inside or outside the flat
4- Easy access to public transportation and places popular with digital nomads (such as co-working spaces, cafes, gyms, and beaches)
- You apply to join our “Nomad Inspectors Club”.
- We'll put you in touch with a landlord who has requested an inspection of their property to possibly receive the "Nomad Verified" badge.
- After the arrangements have been made, you stay at their property and carefully check if it meets all the requirements to be considered "Nomad-Verified".
- You inform us about the result.
- If you classify the property as "Nomad-Verified", we add the corresponding badge to the listing.
Note: Flatio and the "Nomad Inspector" will post the created content on social media to promote the inspected property even if it’s not considered "Nomad-Verified". This is our way of thanking the landlord for hosting the "Nomad Inspector".
Landlords should take into account the feedback from the "Nomad Inspector" who inspected their accommodation and improve the condition of the property (in terms of Wi-Fi and/or physical space) so that it meets the minimum requirements for remote work.
After they have made the improvements, they can apply again to have their property inspected and potentially verified.
We believe this is a great opportunity for you, as a digital nomad or travel influencer, to help other members of the growing digital nomad community make smarter choices and have a more enjoyable experience at their chosen destination. What do you think?
If this sounds like a good idea to you too, fill out the application form to join the club, and we’ll review it as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected]. We’d love to have you on board as a valued member of our "Nomad Inspectors Club".
We look forward to hearing from you!